"The Year of 40" Race 11 Complete: Publix Savannah Women's 5K

 Yep, you read the title correctly. I wasn't the only dude running but we were few and far between!  But, it's another race down and has me marching that much closer to my goal of 40 races.
The weather turned just in time this morning. With stormy weather the night before and heavy early morning rains I wasn't sure if we'd start on time, be delayed, or cancelled if the weather was too severe. But, the rain subsided and ended up stopping completely just before the starting horn. Managed to go at a fairly steady and not too taxing pace for most of the run. Mile 1 was slow as it took a good quarter mile to have things open up and space out to really get moving. I felt good and didn't wear myself out yet still maintained an overall average pace of right at 8'14"/mile. Two more races coming up next weekend!







Comments