"The Year of 40" Race Number 4 Complete: Armstrong Pirate Road Race 10K

Alright!  It's time to make another quick update on my "The Year of 40" running schedule. On Saturday, 2/13/16 I completed race number 4 at the Armstrong Pirate Road Race 10K in Savannah, GA. It was another cold morning (at least to me!) as the temperature at the start of the race was about 39 degrees. For the first 3 miles I was able to hold a pretty good pace (still off my PR pace from the week before) but then I had some issues with my calf muscles knotting up. Mile 4 was the struggle and then I was able to pick back up a little speed to finish things off.

This past week was a struggle training and recovery wise since my legs
were giving me issues. I had the knots in my calf muscles ever since the 10K run the previous Saturday. I managed to keep things at a manageable threshold for the most part through stretching, stick rolling, and then really trying to get deep into the muscles with a knotted foam roller. It is two weeks until race number 5, so the goal between now and then is to get my legs back to 100%.

So, the journey continues!
  

Comments